A gamer and writer at heart who wants to combine his hobbies into one. I am 25 years old and I'm from the Netherlands. Having played many games over the years, I wanted to express my love for them, however obscure they may be!
Hey hey hey, you know what time it is? It’s award o’ clock! This time I got tagged by Jacob from Books and Pixels, which consists of high-quality books- and video games reviews. If you haven’t checked him out yet, I definitely recommend it! As usual, I’ll be answering a few questions down below but first, here are the rules:
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer 7 questions asked by the person who nominated you.
- Thank the people who nominated you, linking to their blogs.
- Nominate any number of bloggers you like, linking to their blogs; and asking them seven questions.
- Let them know you nominated them (by commenting on their blog etc.)
Without further ado, on to the questions!
1. What is your favourite genre to read?
I usually stick to fantasy/medieval as my main genres. I do occasionally read mystery novels as well, but they more often than not also have the fantasy and/or medieval genre attached to them. I’m a huge sucker towards these genres because I can use them to imagine myself being part of that world. I have trouble reading books at a consistent phase, and imagining the world that the book is building makes it a lot easier for me, as well as more enjoyable!
2. Do you prefer hardcover, paperback, or eBooks?
I usually go for hardcover, followed by paperback. I enjoy having the book physically in my hands with the ability to browse through it, and it’s also less distracting for me. Even if I have an e-reader with no functionalities other than reading, I’d probably still find a way to distract myself from reading with it. With a book, I can sit in a corner with a nice drink and just remain there till I’m done.
3. Do you have any pets? (Pictures are welcome!)
I do! Well, she’s technically not my pet and more my parents’ pet, but I’ll count it for now! Meet Tessie, she’s two years old and has been living with us since she was a small pup. Very energetic dog and fortunately very friendly towards other animals as well (except birds), which our last dog was not due to circumstances before he came into our family. Feels very good to be able to meet other dogs and let her walk free without having to worry about her starting a fight!
4. Who is your favourite game character of all time?
I have a tendency to cheat with this question since my favourite game characters are all from Japanese-exclusive games, of which some are more known for their anime appearances. Regardless, my favourite game character has been for a very long time (and probably will always be) Hibiki from Kantai Collection. It’s not a game I play personally, but I just love Hibiki a lot for her design and character. She has a very quiet and stoic personality, and she’s very loveable because of it. Combine that with being pretty and having a super adorable voice, mix it into one and you got my favourite character. I’m sort of biased towards very cute characters, so I guess she unfairly won this competition but I have no issues with it whatsoever~
5. If you could travel anywhere in the world, where would it be?
My initial answer would have been Japan but since that’s very likely to happen one day and also an obvious answer, I’m going with Latvia instead (or any other Scandinavian countries). I’m personally a huge fan of snowy weathers–which we unfortunately don’t have a lot anymore over here–, and the Scandinavian countries are known for the beautiful landscape. While Japan is my most desired country to visit, Latvia- and its surrounding countries are definitely places I want to visit before my life ends.
6. Who is the person that influenced your life most?
I have the greatest admiration for my parents and how they have managed to bring me to the point I currently am, even in lesser times. I know it’s somewhat of a generic answer, but I personally don’t really look up to famous people. I would even go as far as to say that the reason I’m trying to live my life to the fullest and not disappoint them. Honourable mention go to my brothers who I also greatly admire.
7. What is one thing you think more bloggers should be doing online?
Be themselves! I love reading about bloggers just talking about their daily lives and what they enjoy doing, as their enthusiasm translates well into a writing style. In my opinion, bloggers are the best possible candidate for entertainment through something that doesn’t require actual visual presentation. You know what they after all; the pen is the mightiest weapon!
Unfortunately I’m slacking with nominations again as I see most people have already gotten this award before. So instead, I’m just going to link some blogs and then you’re free to consider this a nomination!
If any of you do want to answer questions, be it the nominated or the people looking at this blog post, I have some down below for you!
- What is the last game you’ve played that has truly amazed you and for what reason?
- What is your favourite art style in games?
- Is there a movie, book or any other form of media that you would like to see adapted into a game?
- Likewise, is there a game that you would like to see adopted into any other form of media?
- What do you like to visit often? For example, a city, a cinema, etcetera.
- What is your favourite food from your home country?
- Do you have any tips for bloggers reading this?
Thank you all for reading and I’ll see you next time!